The eco-council is a group of Year pupils who want to make an impact on our school and on our environment.
Everyday, they look in the classrooms to celebrate good practice in turning off lights to save electricity, and in keeping the classroom tidy.
Each week they nominate a class for the ‘Eco’ award. The chosen class will keep the trophy for the week.
The Eco-Team members are:
This year the Eco-council have chosen to focus on improving the outdoor environment. One important area for development is the school wildlife garden. The council have recently conducted a survey with other pupils in the school to find out their thoughts on the garden and how they think it could be improved. The results of the survey are shown below:
Wildlife Garden Survey
- Do you know that we have a Wildlife Garden? Yes 48% No 52%
- Would you use the Wildlife Garden? Yes 69% No 31%
- What features would you like in the garden?
- Bench: Yes 54% No 46%
- Scented Plants: Yes 53% No 47%
- Tactile Plants: Yes 53% No 47%
- Vegetable Patch: Yes 49% No 51%
- Bird Table: Yes 52% No 48%
- Bird Feeders: Yes 46% No 54%
- Work Table: Yes 57% No 43%
- Bug Hotel: Yes 84% No 16%
- Wind Chimes: Yes 36% No 64%